Off-the-shelf Computer on Module (COM) technologies for Process, Factory and Building Automation Systems and Solutions
Intelligent production systems and processes, and coordination of networked, geographically distributed production sites are becoming norm rather than the exception. The pace the industry is developing requires standardizations in order to quickly respond to the industry demands.
MSC Technologies is actively participating in the standardization process for the electronic industry and is one of the leading COM products manufacturers in the world. Our standard COM products along with our software and hardware design services can help you developing systems for Manufacturing process automation and control as well as building automation.
Our COM products based on the latest Intel and AMD dual and quad core processor technologies can enable outstanding quality control systems like automated optical inspection and testing machines.
Equipped with real-time operating systems these platforms control industrial robots and other complex machines. Remote management capabilities help to reduce maintenance costs and allow updates without sending a technician to the plant floor. Small and power efficient Qseven™ modules are ideal for local control and I/O tasks. Driving high resolution displays, these compact solutions are suitable for economic HMIs as well.
The COM modules offer scalability by using the same custom specific carrier boards with different COM modules for easy upgrade of existing solutions with the latest computer technology.
Our EN ISO 9001 and EN ISO 14001 certified design and manufacturing services are guaranty for your success.
Embedded modules, wireless products, HMI systems
MSC Technologies provides Industry 4.0 components
Starting with a small, application-specific developed microcontroller board to powerful Qseven™ and COM Express™ standard modules through to an easy-to-operate human machine interface (HMI) system, MSC Technologies presents various levels of technology with a demonstration on the subject of "Factory Network - Industry 4.0" (see block diagram). The communication between the different platforms, with various form factors, takes place via integrated WLAN and Bluetooth modules. A whitelist application can be installed as software for access control. All Industry 4.0 components (Internet of Things) such as, for example, different types of embedded modules, panel PCs and RF/wireless modules as well as the service for system integration are available from MSC Technologies.
- The heart of the production planning and control system (PPS system) is the high-end MSC C6B-8S COM Express™ Type 6 module, which is based on 4th Generation Intel® Core™ processors (code name: Haswell). The innovative Computer-On-Module (COM) has special safety functions. The powerful PPS system sends the orders for processing and controls the material flow via WLAN or fieldbus.
- The control computer, which is based on the MSC Q7-BT compact Qseven™ module with the latest Intel® Atom™ processor E3800 (code name Bay Trail), is installed very close to the production process. The small standard module, with a form factor of 70 mm x 70 mm, is not only specified for the commercial temperature range but also for the industrial temperature range.
- The compact robot solution, based on a customer-specific developed ARM processor module, controls the conveyer belt decentralized and is also connected directly to the actuators.
- The battery screwdriver integrates a Bluetooth controller from MSC Technologies in order to transmit the process-relevant data by radio to the panel PC.
- The standard panel PC stores and visualizes all operating data such as, for example, the torque, energy values and usage time. The HMI system ensures the system connection between tool and production line.
- The whitelist application can manage the access permission of the hardware and, for example, define which programs/actions can be started. With the integration of this software, a contribution is made to the subject of safety in Industry 4.0.
Hot Topic: Industry 4.0
Project Manager Peter Duchemin explains MSC's Smart Factory Simulation at Embedded World 2014.
Product Highlight: MSC Q7-BT
The MSC Q7-BT module is based on the Qseven Rev. 2.0 and using Intel's multi-core System-On-Chip (SOC) Atom generation that integrates next generation Intel processor core, graphics, memory, and I/O interfaces into one solution. Based on Intel's 22nm processor technology, this multi-core Atom processor provides outstanding computing and graphics power and is more power efficient compared to its predecessors. The new MSC Q7-BT brings dual independent display support, DirectX 11.1, fast DDR3L memory and USB 3.0 on a compact, power saving and cost-efficient Qseven Rev. 2.0 compatible module. Different SOCs with single-, dual- and quad-core processors are supported by this design.